Sunday, January 2, 2011

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!!!!!!

I feel like we have been together forever and yet it hasn't even been two years yet. I think that having a baby really makes your days fly by and a relationship's time seem so much longer. I knew he had gotten me something from Kay for Christmas, I was almost positive that he had gotten me a ring and I was ecstatic! He had hidden the present at his parents house, had it shipped to work and taken every precaution to make sure I didn't see it. Finally on Christmas I opened my present! It was earrings. Now I didn't want to sound ungrateful but I was totally bummed. (I actually almost cried!) Even if he wasn't going to buy me a ring I was at least expecting something more...Jake. And Jake IS NOT the type to buy me earrings. My mom told me later that I looked so devastated that she almost told me flat out! I tried so hard to not let him know how bummed I was but he knew.

The morning after Christmas we left for Show Low where his Aunt and Uncle own a gorgeous cabin. That night we were all watching "Monster in Law" and after it was over Jake started acting really funny, almost hyper. He as bouncing around and kept saying stuff like "Wanna get married" I jokingly said "oh yeah of course, where is my ring?? That's not funny!!" That's when he pulled out the ring and said, "No really, will you marry me?" I just about had a heart attack, I didn't even know what to say. I had been totally fooled! I always thought that when I was about to get engaged I would know it was coming, NOPE! He and everyone else who knew did an awesome job at hiding it from me!!

So, needless to say I am in love with the ring. I always thought that I wanted some huge diamond but my ring is only 1/2 a carrot and I LOVE it. After scratching Aiden a few times with my other ring I had told him that I wanted something much smaller and he hit it right on the money!

Photobucket

And now the planning begins.....

No comments: